[arch-general] [arch-releng] Default Bootloader for AIF

David Campbell davekong at archlinux.us
Tue Mar 29 05:37:02 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Dieter Plaetinck's message of 2011-03-28 12:06:21 -0400:
> Hmm, and does it have a proper UI in ncurses or something? to replace
> cfdisk in aif?

It will when cparted is proper. Whether cparted will be ported to
use libparted directly, rather than using Python bindings, is yet
to be seen. I certainly prefer writing/maintaining Python code
over C though, and I don't see any benefit to translating it into
C other than avoiding Python as a dependency.

> I know about the newt-based nparted but I'm told it's badly maintained.

As far as I could tell, nparted is dead.
--
David Campbell