[arch-general] New Kernel - Virtualbox VM kernel crash on shutdown

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Mar 29 19:56:55 EDT 2011

On 03/29/2011 12:26 PM, C Anthony Risinger wrote:
> doesn't vbox have to be rebuilt everytime the kernel changes or
> something?  or the guest additions?  or both?

Oh, yes,

   If not rebuilt - you won't be able to get the
  started. Here, the vm runs, but there are shared folder issues and it crashes
on shutdown.

   This all *started* with kernel26-3.7.4. I can reload kernel26-3.7.3 and all
is good. There is something new that vbox doesn't like...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.