[arch-general] Port 80 is shown open in port scan without any web server running

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 30 12:50:48 EDT 2011

Am 30.03.2011 18:22, schrieb Philipp Überbacher:
> I doubt that: "The Directive as adopted covers fixed telephony, mobile
> telephony, Internet access, Internet email and Internet telephony."
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_data_retention#European_Union

It only covers connection data (IP addresses, phone numbers, email
addresses), not content. Inspecting the content (for instance, doing a
deep packet inspection on web traffic, listening in on phone
conversations) is still illegal unless ordered by a judge.

Besides, the laws implementing this regulation have been deemed
unconstitutional in 4 or 5 countries already. There is still hope that
the regulation will be dropped entirely.

Back to topic: If I would find out that my provider inspects my web
traffic and logs which websites I connect to, I would definitely sue.