[arch-general] Why are financial contributions not accepted?

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Sun May 1 05:18:35 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 3:30 AM, David Campbell <davekong at archlinux.us>wrote:

> Excerpts from Ray Kohler's message of 2011-04-30 22:13:24 -0400:
> > The donations were done via PayPal and those in charge decided PayPal
> > wasn't trustworthy for use by non-profit organizations who don't have
> > official government non-profit status.
>
> Have the leadership of Arch considered applying for official
> non-profit status or joining an organization such as the Software
> Freedom Conservancy[1]?
>
> [1]: http://sfconservancy.org/overview/

I had a friend offer to help Arch become 501(c)3 a while ago; but that is an
expensive and involved process (usually a couple thousand dollars and a
couple hundred hours of work). I think joining the conservancy would be a
great move for tax reasons. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/