[arch-general] Why are financial contributions not accepted?

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 16:38:30 EDT 2011

2011/5/1 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric at gmail.com>

> On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
>
> > What about create a association elsewhere in the world where it can be
> > less expensive?
> >
> > In France, we have an "association law 1901"
> > (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_loi_de_1901) which allow a
> > no taxes status.
> >

> I was also thinking about this. But I think it implies the person who is
> responsible against the law has an address in France, and/or is French.
>
> --
> Cédric Girard

Have we considered joining SPI? They are an existing non-profit that allows
people to donate to SPI and specify the open source project that they want
the money to go to. It was set up by Debian to solve the same problem we are
having.

Arch would definitely fill the requirements for a joining member, we would
be able to accept donations with a tax write off, and all we have to do it
have an Arch representative go to the meetings every now and then.

http://www.spi-inc.org/