[arch-general] strange files

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Wed May 4 04:57:09 EDT 2011

2011/5/3 Juan Diego Tascón <juantascon at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting files with random names created in my home directory, last
> one was: s5EZVJ and they always have the same content: "Hello World",
> is anyone else getting the same?

no ... i am definitely not getting anything like this, and i would be
_extremely_ surprised to learn of anyone else with this rather odd
"problem".  it sounds like you have some rogue (test?) script running
that never got killed, or similar ... i'd start grepping the FS, the
output of `lsof`, and other /proc magic files for references to you
homedir and/or the words 'Hello' or 'World'.  maybe use inotify or
similar to catch the offender red-handed.  maybe others have more
specific/concrete suggestions.

... at the risk of sounding like an ass, this post made me laugh pretty hard :-)

C Anthony