[arch-general] Pruning the bugtracker

JM fijam at archlinux.us
Wed May 4 14:43:27 EDT 2011

I have browsed through all High and Medium severity bugreports and
categorized some of them here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Fijam .

'Candidates for closing' are divided into two categories: strong and
weak. Strong candidates have not been replied to in over 4 months
(with some bugs seeing no activity for over a year) with the last
comment asking for more information or confirmation whether the bug
still persists. I have not yet started issuing closure requests but
will do so in two weeks if noone replies to those reports. Weak
candidates have not been replied to in less than four months, the
resolution of the bug was unclear or the original submitter found
another solution and failed to provide any more information. I will
wait for another month before issuing closure requests. Note: jelle
van der waa (jelly) asked for confirmation on many of those bugs and
deserves all the praise.

I have also identified some bugs where more input or a confirmation of
a fix is needed and asked for it. Will try to do initial triaging on
those bugs or mark them as candidates for closing if the submitter
fails to respond.

There was also a couple of bug reports that seemed to be going
nowhere. There was either a failure in communication, unresolved
argument, a patch with no feedback from the developers or a request to
split a bug into two or more specific reports. These should probably
be reviewed again.

There are still Low and Very Low severity bugs to go through, so
perhaps some other user wants to pick up where I left :)

Cheers,
JM