[arch-general] ArchLinux for mipsel (Loongson)

javier j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:59:50 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Jonathan Beatty[via ArchLinux]
<ml-node+3486736-1679075985-100366 at n4.nabble.com> wrote:
> On 04/30/2011 04:52 PM, javier wrote:
>> Has the site have an English version?  I'd like to look into packages
>> page,
>> and the aur packages page as well, to see if it make sense to try it
>> out...
>>
>> I moved back to debian some time back precisely cause arch was all for
>> x86,
>> so I didn't think it was going to support the lemote mini-pcs neither
>> loongson in general.  I do have mini-pcs, so it's great news to me, :-)--
>> http://archlinux.2023198.n4.nabble.com/ArchLinux-for-mipsel-Loongson-tp3418315p3486638.html
>> Sent from the arch general mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>

> Parabola GNU/Linux, an Arch derivative, already has a MIPS port. :) It's
> functional.

Hi, do you know which flags are being used to compile the loongson2f
packets?  I'm referring to:

-march=loongson2f -mtune=loongson2f -mabi=64 -O3

This can be found by looking at:

/etc/makepkg.conf

If I remember correctly, :-)

Perhaps using loongson2f is not such great idea, since ther will come
a3, and others...  However, using the 64bits ABI might increase
performance for some applications (loongson2f is not the fastest CPU
ever, so any help on performance is good)...

Thanks,

--
Javier.