[arch-general] Drop non-free ?! (Was: Commit in ffmpeg/trunk)

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:17:40 EDT 2011

On 07-05-2011 17:05, Loui Chang wrote:
> Or the distro could purchase or otherwise aquire licenses to all claimed
> patents...  ha...  ha...

... and then you fall out of bed and wake up. Either that or someone
with very very very deep pockets needs to finance that.

I agree that all this software patent stuff is getting ridiculous but
it's what we have now. As far as I know most if not all distros (and
upstream) are leaving the choice of using patented stuff up to the end user.

--
Mauro Santos