[arch-general] Display Manager rc.d scripts

jesse jaara jesse.jaara at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:08:39 EDT 2011

> While I don't have a firm opinion about this, I tend to disagree with
> you. I have always been using the rc.d scripts and find they work
> fine.

As far as I know the only problem that the daemon method
has is the "boot to runlevel S to fix" problem. So if you
edit your xorg.conf file impropelly, so that its contains errors,
or you get powerloss during update/install f X components,
so that the xorg cant start. You need to boot into single-user
mode so that you can remove ?gdm? from daemons list, so
that you can boot propelly to console. If your xorg wont start
on boot you wont get a console, only a infinite loop of xorg
trying to start. But if you use runlevel 5 for ?gdm? it will only
try to start the xorg 5 times and if it fails it will fall back to
console, so that you ?can? fix the problem. :D

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.