[arch-general] Display Manager rc.d scripts

Shacristo shacristo at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:40:11 EDT 2011

> I don't think so.  The word "runlevel" doesn't exist on
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners%27_Guide
>
> It does mention adding display managers to the daemons line.
>
> I have not read all of the documentation on the wiki though, so I'd be
> grateful to be pointed to something I've missed.
>
> /M

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Display_Manager
includes both methods.

Does this really matter?  The inittab method isn't going anywhere and I
don't see any reason to remove the daemon method unless it becomes a problem
for the developers.  Arch doesn't come with X pre-installed so there is no
"default," only what's recommended in the wiki, which covers both methods as
well as many of the issues mentioned in this thread..