[arch-general] Cannot Find Desktop in GNOME3

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:03:21 EDT 2011

After upgrading my box to GNOME 3 last week, I can't seem to find the
desktop anywhere on my gnome setup.  I use the keyboard exclusively
for navigating around so I would normally use Ctrl+Alt+d to open the
desktop for keyboard focus.  Alas I cannot do that any more.  Also,
with prior versions of Gnome, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Tab would toggle you
through the Bottom Panel, Top Panel, and the Desktop.  Now it only
toggles between the top and bottom panels.  Has the desktop, as we
know it, gone away?  At the moment, I am using fallback mode because
gnome-shell is completely broken as far as screen reader accessibility
is concerned.

Any ideas would be  greatly appreciated; thanks.