[arch-general] Cannot Find Desktop in GNOME3

Ionut Biru ibiru at archlinux.org
Mon May 9 12:30:15 EDT 2011

On 05/09/2011 07:03 PM, Steve Holmes wrote:
> After upgrading my box to GNOME 3 last week, I can't seem to find the
> desktop anywhere on my gnome setup.  I use the keyboard exclusively
> for navigating around so I would normally use Ctrl+Alt+d to open the
> desktop for keyboard focus.  Alas I cannot do that any more.  Also,
> with prior versions of Gnome, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Tab would toggle you
> through the Bottom Panel, Top Panel, and the Desktop.  Now it only
> toggles between the top and bottom panels.  Has the desktop, as we
> know it, gone away?  At the moment, I am using fallback mode because
> gnome-shell is completely broken as far as screen reader accessibility
> is concerned.
>
> Any ideas would be  greatly appreciated; thanks.

is there but you have to change a bit your way of using it. For example
you can hit the super key, default being the windows key and start
typing the name of the application you want to start, like nautilus.

from what i see accessibility, is broken a lot in gnome 3 and i hope
they will fix that in 3.2

--
Ionuț