[arch-general] Cannot Find Desktop in GNOME3

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:46:11 EDT 2011

Thanks for telling me about the desktop being gone.  I really wondered
and am a bit surprised as I thought most people valued and used a
desktop area quite a bit.  Yes, I opened up my home directory from the
places and then opened the desktop folder from there.  Actually, I
think my desktop was actually a top level folder in my places menu but
still, not the same.  In fact, I have had launchers on the desktop in
the past but I guess I could get them on there again if I wanted.
It's just that the desktop was typically addressable from a single
keystroke before.  Well whatever...

I've heard comments like that before about gnome getting less and less
configurable; pretty soon, it will be like that other windows
operating system out there.