[arch-general] Cannot Find Desktop in GNOME3

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:40:03 EDT 2011

On 5/9/11, Jan Steffens <jan.steffens at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony at extof.me>
> wrote:
>> sooo, how can you have two directories open then?  i see that it works
>> by clicking on the desktop directories twice; couldn't the icon be
>> made to launch nautilus in the same way (however that is)?
>
> Ctrl+Click on the launcher will open a new window. As will Right Click
> → New Window.
> Middle Click on the launcher will open a new window on a new workspace.

Are there keyboard alternatives to any of these clicking options?
Also, can gnome-tweak-tool be used without gnome-shell running? I had
to uninstall gnome-shell because it was extremely inaccessible to the
Orca screen reader.  I understand this a11y problem will not be
resolved until gnome 3.2 is released <sigh>.