[arch-general] Display Manager rc.d scripts

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon May 9 18:40:10 EDT 2011

Am Mon, 09 May 2011 17:55:06 -0400
schrieb David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net>:

> Not true.  You could fix this (rare) situation by booting into single
> user mode rather than a LiveCD.

This was already explained by Tom and discussed before. ;-)

> Not sure I see why the rc scripts should be removed to handle this
> rare corner case ...

I never said that the rc scripts should be removed, but the inittab
method must also be kept.

It was someone else (the OP) who asked for removing them.

Or do you mean removing the rc script temporarily from the DAEMONS
array if such an issue happens? This can be necessary if xorg fails
for any reason and doesn't allow you to switch to the text console.
This is not really a corner case. It happened to me not very often, but
several times.

Heiko