[arch-general] Cannot Find Desktop in GNOME3

Sorin-Mihai Vârgolici smv at yobicore.org
Tue May 10 19:41:51 EDT 2011

We're supposed to read the release info and the man pages, but most of
us don't.

dconf-editor is intended to be used as gconf-editor was, and gsettings,
is intended to replace gconftool-2, but for now, in most cases, they are
still both in our systems, as it will take some time until all GNOME
related applications will switch to dconf, if ever, though that's the
ideea.

gsettings, gconftool-2 and gconf-editor have man pages, but dconf-editor
doesn't, though, is quite simple to get the ideea once it's started. If
you start it from a terminal, don't mind the debug info.

--
<>< Sorin-Mihai Vârgolici