[arch-general] Display Manager rc.d scripts

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri May 13 18:44:04 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Tavian Barnes
<tavianator at tavianator.com> wrote:
> Been doing that almost since I've had Arch installed (about 3 years),
> and no problems so far.  Obviously a person shouldn't do this if they
> don't understand what it's doing, though.
>
> Is there really any notion of "supported" in Arch anyway?  What
> support goes away when I do this?

What I meant is that we might change initscripts in the future in such
a way that your trick will no longer work. Not saying that we are
planning to, just that there is no way for us to test against these
kind of custom hacks.

If you use this only on your personal system and you are aware of the
potential issue, then that's of course fine.

Cheers,

Tom