[arch-general] farsight2/gstreamer dependencies pull a lot of gnome related stuff

Ionut Biru ibiru at archlinux.org
Tue May 17 03:41:40 EDT 2011

On 05/17/2011 10:18 AM, Marek Otahal wrote:
> Hi, a recent update wants to bring in a lot of new gnome/gstreamer-plugins
> dependencies, like gtk3,gconf etc..is that really necessary?
>
> On my system, kde-meta-kdemultimedia needs farsight2, which seems to cause all
> the new dependencies.
>
> Should the dependencies be reviewed or do I really need all that?
> Thanks, Mark

shouldn't you review them before starting this discussion?

http://cgit.collabora.co.uk/git/farsight2.git/tree/README

Run time for the RTP plugin:
  All of the build time requirements (except gtk-doc) plus
  - gst-plugins-good 0.10.29
  - gst-plugins-bad 0.10.20

Note that this is used for codecs when using video/voice over telepathy.

If you don't want kde-meta-kdemultimedia then don't install it.

--
Ionuț