[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] removing load-modules.sh from udev

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Sun May 29 04:53:16 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
<snip>
> rc.conf - MODULES(!mod1, !mod2): blacklisting modules in the modules
> array will no longer have any effect. modprobe already provides two
> different ways of preventing modules from being loaded, so this is
> just a matter of updating some configuration files. To blacklist
> modules, add a new .conf file to /etc/modprobe.d/ with the contents
>
> blacklist mod1
> blacklist mod2
<snip>

This seems a regression of current rc.conf behaviour (in essence,
moves another configuration back to upstream default which was
previously in rc.conf). Is there any good reason to keep current
behaviour (perhaps an Arch-specific udev rule which parses MODULES for
blacklisting?)

Just something I noticed when reading the mail, I don't really see a
problem with doing things the upstream way.