[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] removing load-modules.sh from udev

Casey Peter caseyjp1 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 06:57:06 EDT 2011

On 05/29/2011 04:52 AM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Casey Peter<caseyjp1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Also !usblp  for those of us with USB printer issues.  (especially HP usb
>> inkjets)
> Yup, blacklist it in /etc/modprobe.d (we should probably fix this once
> and for all, I believe other distro's simply removed this module, but
> haven't had time to look into it). On my computer the module is not
> loaded for some reason (I have a HP usb laserjet)...
>
> -t
Once the udev goes 'live', we probably need to update the printer wiki
section as that was where I found the solution to my printer issue, and
the officjets printers are widely used.

Oh, and the issue was more specific to the officejet printers, as the
lasers just seemed "to work".  I'd agree about removing it, as the
distros (ubuntu/fedora/etc.) I have in my test partitions don't have
issues with the officejets or that module.