[arch-general] Why not create a new repo specified for games ?

Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana dottorblaster at archlinux.us
Tue Nov 1 12:58:36 EDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Matej Ľach <matej.lach at gmail.com> wrote:

> I support this idea.
> Keep most games in AUR and the more popular ones can have their own repo
> [games] on a separate server.
> This server could be community financed using donations and if not enough
> interest will be raised for new repo, all these huge games can be moved to
> AUR and the smaller ones can stay in [community].

Kudos :)
This is an awesome idea, I think it would be better than having to rebuild
every game from sources every time a developer updates it.
Now, we have these two ways to do this thing. I think an official
repository mirrored as the same as core, extra and testing would be a
better way to do it, because we do not have enough money to host a project
like this (I believe), and no one will ever moan for one or two GBs of new
packages in a new directory.

Am I wrong?

--
Bl at ster / dottorblaster