[arch-general] ALSA problems with linux-3.1

Nyuszika7H litemininyuszika at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:00:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

I upgraded to linux-3.1-2 from [testing] a few days ago (x86_64), and I had
problems with ALSA. Sound was broken - KMixer treated Headphone as master,
and alsamixer has changed, too. I tried everything but I couldn't get sound
to work. Did anyone else have this or a similiar issue? I can't test it
unfortunately, as I would have to reboot even to load a new kernel module
after upgrading because of changed paths. I could test it in a VM, but the
result might not be the same because of different, virtual hardware.

nyuszika7h