[arch-general] Problem automatically importing key for signed package.

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Nov 6 05:36:17 EST 2011

Ah, thanks guys.

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011, Myra Nelson wrote:
> You need to import your key into the pacman-key database with sudo
> pacman-key --keysever pgp.mit.edu -r 22AD5874F39D989F, then everything
> shoud work fine.

I knew that this was an option, but wasn't sure why everyone else's key seemed
to be automatically pulled in by pacman during installs.

> You can also put keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu in
> /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/gnupg.conf and pacman-key will use pgp.mit.eduautomatically.

But yes, this led me to to it. I had previously thought that all the keyservers
synced with each other at some point, but apparently this isn't the case with
keys.gnupg.net (at least). Sticking my key on that keyserver means that it
behaves as expected.

Thanks.

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> I don't know, maybe it uses a broken keyserver.

Yeah, I wonder what the expected behaviour is regarding syncing of keyservers.
I'm sure I read somewhere that uploading to one was supposed to be sufficient.

> Note that this is not the final solution. In the near future, Arch users
> will automatically have all the keys of developers and TUs set up with
> trust levels configured, without having to import them from keyservers.
> I hope this is done soon.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this too. It's been good watching this get
implemented.

Cheers,

Pete.