[arch-general] Display issues with Linux 3.1

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:29:09 EST 2011

On 11/09/2011 06:55 PM, Taylor Hedberg wrote:
> Additionally, after the first reboot following the update (which did not
> have the aforementioned display problems), I had issues with the display
> backlight after starting X.

Just to add to the display discussion...

   On an x86_64 (with nVidia), after 1st boot, the kdm login screen would not
power off (the 10 min. power-off that blanks the display if no login). I've
never seen this behavior before, but noticed it ~1 hour after booting as I
walked by the box. The login was just a big and bright as could be. I'm fairly
particular about checking because I don't want burn-in even though that has
largely been eliminated, I still check...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.