[arch-general] linux 3.1-4 - two i686 lockups after ~ 5 hours of operations. two x86_64 seem OK

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:40:02 EST 2011

On 11/10/2011 04:16 PM, Kirill Churin wrote:
> localtime is a mess, it were told here zillion times.
> Maybe you'll better run Windows in virtual machine instead?

Thanks Kirill,

   I have both virtualbox running in Arch, and I also have the original drive in
this box that boots windows. The other 2 drives hold Arch. I have been running
the box with the clock set to UTC in rc.conf and the cmos clock set to UTC. So,
the localtime setting issue isn't an issue here or part of the problem.

   I just tried changing the cmos to localtime and setting localtime in rc.conf,
and all seemed to work well, so I'm not sure what would break due to this lack
of support for it. But all of the issues we have discussed with the whacky time
resets have occurred with the time set to UTC. Dunno, still unanswered...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.