[arch-general] Time delay problem with latest [core] kernel

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Nov 13 07:47:15 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 11:35 PM, XeCycle <xecycle at gmail.com> wrote:
>> And also checking if
>>
>> for dev in /proc/asound/card*/pcm*/sub*/prealloc; do
>> echo 64 > $dev
>> done
>>
>> solves the problem.
>
> Thanks, this solves it.  Curious about what is this?

As of 3.1 the sound buffers were increased from 64 to 4096 kB. This
should make it possible to save a lot of wakeups/power with
PulseAudio, and (until now) I thought it would not affect anything
else.

The command I suggested reverts the buffer to the previous size.

For more details see my original feature request:
<https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25501>.

-t