[arch-general] Where has my /etc/networks gone?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Nov 14 08:28:57 EST 2011

I'm playing around with schroot and when creating a chroot with
"type=directory" I at first failed to start it. The reason seems to be
the lack of the file "/etc/networks".  I created an empty one, and
that was accepted by schroot.  However, the man page (networks(5)) is
rather cryptic, so what is this file for?  Would it not be better to
always have one (albeit empty) by default?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org