[arch-general] Why ghc 7.2.2 ?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Nov 19 20:46:13 EST 2011

On 20/11/11 09:57, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> I believe that's the reason that haskell platform is waiting, and I
> think arch should wait a couple of weeks too...
>
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Bernardo Barros
> <bernardobarros2 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> "This 7.2.2 release is intended to be more of a "technology preview"
>> than normal GHC stable branches. In particular, it supports a
>> significantly improved version of DPH, as well as new features such as
>> compiler plugins and "safe Haskell". The design of these new features
>> may evolve as we get more experience with them. "
>>
>> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_2_2

Wow - you can quote emails to give context, but only your own...

Haskell-platform is a slowly updating target that does not match the
Arch philosophy at all.  Did you read the email that was linked earlier
in the thread explaining why Arch is going to not use haskell-platform
any more.  Haskell platform waiting to update does not affect what Arch
does.

Allan