[arch-general] Kernel pkgbuild

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Sun Nov 20 19:46:06 EST 2011

Caveats first:

I know the package I'm referring to is from the aur -- the linux-pf kernel.
I'm asking here rather than file a needless bug report for someone to have
to squash.
I also realize not everyone's whims can be considered or satisfied and
don't expect such.

However since the pkgbuild is crafted from the mainline pkgbuild this
trivial change would, imho, make the pkgbuild more flexible. Below is the
section I'm referring to.

 # http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11194
  mkdir -p "${pkgdir}/usr/src/linux-${_kernver}/include/config/dvb/"
  cp include/config/dvb/*.h
"${pkgdir}/usr/src/linux-${_kernver}/include/config/dvb/"

I understand the need for this as the main kernel builds the modules but
would like to request one small change.

 # http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11194
  mkdir -p "${pkgdir}/usr/src/linux-${_kernver}/include/config/dvb/"
  if [ -a include/config/dvb/*.h ] ; then
     cp include/config/dvb/*.h
"${pkgdir}/usr/src/linux-${_kernver}/include/config/dvb/"
  fi

This allows one to build the kernel without having to build the dvb modules
if they are not required. My build went fine so I think my bash is correct,
but I haven't tested it with the dvb modules being built.

Myra