[arch-general] ACPI bug in kernel 3.1?

Erik Johnson palehose at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:57:31 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 03:23:16PM -0600, Leonid Isaev wrote:

>If plain pm-suspend works fine, this means that the lid close event is
>triggered twice: on close and open. You can verify whether it is true by
>replacing pm-suspend with logger "Some message" in handler.sh and see if there
>are two messages in /var/log/messages.
>
>--
>Leonid Isaev
>GnuPG key ID: 164B5A6D
>Key fingerprint: C0DF 20D0 C075 C3F1 E1BE  775A A7AE F6CB 164B 5A6D

I had suspected that this was the case, but didn't have time to test
before writing my initial email. I've confirmed this behavior on my
netbook as well.

ejohnson at tardis:~% grep testacpid /var/log/everything.log
Nov 20 20:53:32 localhost testacpid: button/lid triggered
Nov 20 20:53:48 localhost testacpid: button/lid triggered

--

-Erik

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."  --Carl Sagan