[arch-general] ACPI bug in kernel 3.1?

Erik Johnson palehose at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 23:19:47 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 09:55:22PM -0600, Erik Johnson wrote:

>OK, I believe I have found why. I ran acpi_listen before closing the
>lid, and observed the following:
>
>button/lid LID close
>button/lid LID open
>
>Both events match "button/lid" in the case statement in handler.sh. I
>took the default handler.sh from the acpid package and modified it so
>that it checks the 3rd argument passed to handler.sh for "close" or
>"open". I then added /usr/sbin/pm-suspend to the "close" section of the
>newly-added case statement, tested, and confirmed that this fixed the
>problem.
>
>Patch attached. Will file a bug in flyspray.

I just realized that I reversed the lines in the commented-out messages
in the part that I added. Derp.

Oh well. Bug report filed. Link for those who want to follow:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/27201

--

-Erik

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."  --Carl Sagan