[arch-general] Kernel pkgbuild

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Mon Nov 21 13:19:21 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:35, Matthew Monaco <dgbaley27 at 0x01b.net> wrote:

> On 11/21/2011 06:02 AM, Auguste Pop wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Alex Ferrando<alferpal at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:

>>> What about posting it as a comment on the AUR page or as a reply on the
>>> linux-pf forum thread [1] as they seem a better place for that kind of
>>> request?
>>>
>>> [1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/**viewtopic.php?id=103462<https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=103462>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alex
>>>

>> i thought the op meant to suggest this change to the repo linux
>> package to ease all possible abs rebuilds.
>>

> This type of thing has always been a pain for me with a custom .config.

To All:

Rather than use the bbs I posted the same here on the aur page:

nous's answer says it all.

Matthew has it right. The post was here to see about changing the repo
linux package to ease all possible abs and aur builds/rebuilds. The change
makes (imho) the build system more flexible and hopefully wind up with
fewer borked custom package builds that work on one system then have to be
reworked when someone wants to use them somewhere else.

Myra