[arch-general] Automatic File Associations Alloting

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:49:28 EST 2011

On 21-11-2011 22:08, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> In KDE I don't have this problem.
>
> It happens with xmonad and openbox.
>
> pcmanfm can configure that too, but automatic picks the last installed
> package that handle this type of file, and wine is always the last
> thing I install in the system..

To work around the wine annoyance I usually do (after running wine once
after the update):

find ~/.local/share/mime -name '*wine*' -exec rm {} \;
rm ~/.local/share/applications/wine*.desktop
update-mime-database ~/.local/share/mime

And everything gets back in order to the way I had it configured before.
The original idea isn't mine, I've seen someone suggest this on the
forums or here, can't remember where or who suggested it though.

--
Mauro Santos