[arch-general] uname26 - Where is it?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Tue Nov 22 13:12:18 EST 2011

Hi,

I've looked around for the last couple of weeks for a package providing
uname26 [1]. However I couldn't find such and in the mean time compiled
it for myself.

I've also searched for the appearance of uname26 in the forums and the
mailing lists and couldn't find that much about it.

So I'm wondering whether nobody of you was (and/or is) affected by the
kernel version scheme change, so that there is no need for you to have
this package?

As it is quite simple to get and compile this code, it wouldn't be that
much of a hassle to package it. However I'm not that much into
packaging, so I wouldn't like to do it, unless I have to.

I'm not asking anyone of you to do the packaging, and considering myself
to get into it (the whole Arch Build System), but I'm wondering why
nobody of you seems to have a need for it ;)?

Best regards,
Karol Babioch