[arch-general] Automatic File Associations Alloting

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 00:12:23 EST 2011

ohk... I will see that...
i was thinking something very simple
I was thinking more along the lines of a utility to create a mimeinfo.list
from a description file. (XML or something like that)
That description file can be provided by the package and then whenever
it gets updated. There are certain parameters in the description file
which will allow for easy parsing and processing. The program will read the
the mimeinfo.xml file on system and one with the package. Then,
will check for conflicts and ask the user to resolve them using some sort of
interface (plain text or ncurses). That way, there is a clean interface
on what to do. It will be compatible with the current DE and does not
present any special requirements.

However, I will see the program. I never heard of it before to tell the truth.
I'll see it and then get back to you.

Bye!

Cheers and Regards
Jayesh Vinay Badwaik
Electronics and Communication Engineering
VNIT, INDIA
-