[arch-general] console-kit session not activates properly

János Illés ijanos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 10:15:16 EST 2011

Hi,
I have a bit of a trouble with proper policy-kit settings. I’m running
a standalone openbox session for desktop usage. For login I have a
simple script in my .zprofile file, which will start the X server if I
log in from the first virtual terminal (which is what I’m doing 99% of
the time).
  if [[ `tty` == "/dev/tty1" ]]; then    startx &!    logout  fi
my xinitrc is the following:
  exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch openbox-session
The problem is that in the X session the consolekit session’s is-local
and active properties are FALSE hence the removable device automount
breaks (I guess it could affect other things I dont use)
If I start the X server with startx manually from the tty2 after
logging in, both values will be TRUE and device automounting works
fine.
Should I switch to a proper login manager or is there a quick/easy fix
for this?
--
J.