[arch-general] Same on T520

Michał Piotr Gawron michal at gawron.name
Sat Nov 26 06:16:43 EST 2011

On 26.11.2011 03:03, Damjan wrote:
> On 25.11.2011 20:02, Michał Piotr Gawron wrote:
>> I have identical symptoms after my recent upgrade, so I thought that
>> I add my observations.
>>
>> I bought Lenovo T520 (90% intel based devices) and was migrating
>> everything from old R61.
> [ snip a list of problems ]
>
> Did you try upgrading the BIOS first?
> With new computers I always find necessary to upgrade the bios, since
> bugs are found after they are on the market, and laptops sitting in
> warehouses wont be upgraded.
>
> After that try running memtest86 for a while… it might as well be faulty
> RAM.

I was running memtest for 10h, no errors found.

But I found out that when mouse starts jumping reloading the iwlagn
module helps. Of course networkmanager restarts my connections, but it
keeps Firefox running and I no longer see Firefox crashes.

I'm now running without iwlagn module and on external Linksys USB wifi
card. System seems stable.

As for BIOS, in fact it is pretty old (1.31 vs newest 1.34). I'll
upgrade it later and post results.

Thanks for the hints.

std::best_regards();
--