[arch-general] No consoles with NVIDIA

Carlchristian Eckert Carli-Eckert at gmx.de
Tue Nov 29 05:16:29 EST 2011

On 11/29/2011 11:42 AM, Jari Vetoniemi wrote:
> Is the uvesafb slow for you? I tried to use it to enable high
> resolution TTY for my nVIDIA card, but it was so slow that it was
> unusable. And even the TTY was offset so that part of the text was
> hidden.
> With nouveau fast switch TTY's with high resolution work out of the box nicely.

actually I remember having some problems with an offset TTY so that I
coudln't see the lower part of the screen.
But since I configured the system almost a year ago, I don't really
remember what I did to fix it (I believe that using uvesafb fixed
everything)...

looking at my configuration, it looks like I did everything exactly as
described in the wiki.
Nowadays I don't have any problems with the TTY being slow or having
hidden text