[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] gnome 3.2 in testing

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Sun Oct 2 14:40:31 EDT 2011

It would appear that on Sep 30, Matthew Monaco did say that:

> On 09/28/2011 01:41 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
> > NVIDIA users be aware that xorg-server 1.11 from testing is incompatible
> > with
> > the current nvidia driver, even with IgnoreABI. You can switch to nouveau or
> > add
> > xf86-input-evdev xf86-input-synaptics xorg-server-common xorg-server to
> > Ignorepkg.

I didn't see Ionut Biru's post, and actually not being a gnome user I'm
surprised I opened one from this thread. But the bit about "NVIDIA users be
aware" kinda caught my eye.

Since the version of xorg in question is "from testing" I suspect I've
nothing to worry about and that it wouldn't wind up in the main repo while
its still "incompatible". But since I know for a fact that my PC's built in
Nvidia adapter is extremely incompatible with nouveau, I'd like to
understand what and where this "Ignorepkg" is?