[arch-general] perl-readline-gnu

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 17:40:49 EDT 2011

I'm trying to update the system, and cannot:

	#  pacman -Su
	:: Starting full system upgrade...
	warning: shorewall: local (4.4.23.3-1) is newer than custom (4.4.12.1-1)
	resolving dependencies...
	looking for inter-conflicts...
	:: perl and Term-ReadLine-Gnu are in conflict (perl-term-readline).
Remove Term-ReadLine-Gnu? [y/N]
	error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
	error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
	:: perl and Term-ReadLine-Gnu are in conflict (perl-term-readline)
	~

This is an innovation indeed. What to do? I assume the package
perl-term-readline install the Perl package Term::ReadLine. Please
correct me if I'm wrong. The Perl package Term::ReadLine does,
essentially, nothing.
(http://search.cpan.org/~flora/Term-ReadLine-1.07/lib/Term/ReadLine.pm)

This is a show-stopper.

TIA