[arch-general] backpac: A package state snapshot and restore tool

Ethan Schoonover es at ethanschoonover.com
Wed Oct 5 21:11:56 EDT 2011

I've finished basic implementation of 'backpac', which is a package
state snapshot and restore tool for Arch Linux with config file
save/restore support. I've posted a summary to the forum, an AUR
package and a github repo:

BBS: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=127768
AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52957
GIT: https://github.com/altercation/backpac

It's alpha but usable and, I hope, useful. Essentially it is a system
state save/restore tool. Save lists of (explicitly installed only)
groups, packages (separate official/aur). Uses a user created simple
list of files to snapshot system config data.

Feedback solicited.
-Ethan

Ethan Schoonover
es at ethanschoonover.com