[arch-general] scim and uxterm/urxvt

Caio A. Prado cagprado at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:54:09 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Pham Bao Trung <pham.bao.trung at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can scim work with uxterm/urxvt? If so, could somebody help me to make them
> work together, please? Of course, I have been throught wiki and googling but
> nothing helps.

I’ve been through this some time ago and nothing seemed to work (urxvt
in my case). I haven’t tried newer releases (last scim release was
last august). Actually I gave it up as scim had some problems with
gtk3 in addition to this one with urxvt. Now I’m working with uim.
Pretty straightforward installation and no real difference in input.
There is one problem though with transparency (depth 32) in urxvt: you
can’t see the characters with on the spot input until you accept them.
Anyway, if you’re not too attached to scim this may solve your
problem.

--
Caio A. Prado
URBANA LEGIO OMNIA VINCIT