[arch-general] no sound coming from speakers after update

Madhurya Kakati mkakati2805 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 21:25:21 EDT 2011

On Sunday, October 9, 2011, Martti Kühne wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805 at gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >
> > The last entry in  mpd.log is from 02 oct. I doubt that will help.
> However
> > when I try to start mpd I get this error,
> > [papul at archlinux ~]$ sudo rc.d start mpd
> > :: Starting Music Player Daemon
> >  [BUSY] /etc/rc.d/mpd: line 6:  9910 Aborted                 /usr/bin/mpd
> > /etc/mpd.conf &>/dev/null
> >

> Usually I put in hashes ('#') into the /etc/rc.d/mpd script to check
> what output there is destroyed. Could be useful.
>
> cheers!
> mar77i

After adding '#' in /etc/rc.d/mpd here's what I get when I try to start it,
[papul at archlinux ~]$ sudo rc.d start mpd
:: Starting Music Player Daemon
 [BUSY] listen: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed: Address already in use
(continuing anyway, because binding to '[::]:6600' succeeded)
output: No "audio_output" defined in config file
output: Attempt to detect audio output device
output: Attempting to detect a alsa audio device
ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect:
Connection refused

alsa: Error opening default ALSA device: Connection refused
output: Attempting to detect a oss audio device
oss: Error opening OSS device "/dev/dsp": No such file or directory
oss: Error opening OSS device "/dev/sound/dsp": No such file or directory
output: Attempting to detect a pulse audio device
mpd: src/output/pulse_output_plugin.c:400: pulse_output_wait_connection:
Assertion `po->mainloop != ((void *)0)' failed.
/etc/rc.d/mpd: line 6: 27833 Aborted                 /usr/bin/mpd
/etc/mpd.conf

 [FAIL]