[arch-general] wintv-hvr 850 (hybrid) not detecting any signal.

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:59:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Sergey Manucharian
<ingeniware at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Javier,
>
> Excerpts from Javier Vasquez's message from Mon 10-Oct-11 21:57:
>
> Forgot to ask: are talking about digital or analog channels?
>
> I've tried tvtime, but I couldn't catch any digital channel (maybe I'm missing something - never used tvtime before). However, mplayer works fine with both analog/digital. Have you tried mplayer?
>
> I don't have much time to investigate until weekend, will report back later.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Sergey

I'm looking for analog (whether broadcast ntsc in Costa Rica or
cable), though we also have one digital transmitter which should also
work (it does on windows)...

None seems to work.  I've used tvtime and xawtv.  I haven't tried with
mplayer command line (which is the best way to enable options), only
through gnome-mplayer, and with gnome-mplayer I didn't know how to
traverse channels, so I couldn't tell...

Thanks,

--
Javier.