[arch-general] A question about installing Arch

Lorenzo Bandieri lorenzo.bandieri at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 07:37:50 EDT 2011

Hi Christian,

Accidentally, I installed Arch just the day before the new installation cd
came out, so my experience could be useful to you.

I had no problems in the installation phase, but when I rebooted my system,
I was welcomed by a broken installation: apparently, grub didn't find the
kernel.

The explaination was here:
http://www.archlinux.org/news/changes-to-kernel-package-and-filenames/ GRUB
could not find the kernel because the name was changed with the 3.0 version.

So, you have to remember to change the default kernel name in your
grub.conf. I had no other problems.

HTH,

Lorenzo