[arch-general] System Cron jobs not running

R7h0re4 r7h0re4 at att.net
Fri Oct 21 21:05:18 EDT 2011

Jason Towell <jtowell at sjgov.org> writes:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I think in a default configuration crond handles hourly and runs anacron to handle the daily, weekly, etc. I was having trouble running a daily until I realized my cron.daily shell script environment path did not include /usr/local/bin. Placing the full path to my perl script fixed the issue.

<snip>

>>> Are you using cronie, dcron or some other cron? cronie provides anacron.
>>
>> I do have Cronie installed but I am still wondering why the script won't
>> run if put in the weekly cron folder. My understanding is the
>> documentation is a little week concerning this topic on the Wiki. Do I
>> need to fill a bug report, or is something out of place.
>>
>> R7h0re4

Just to be safe I added the full path to my script for the commands it
is calling.

I also looked at the wiki again and nothing mentions the use of Cronie,
and system cron jobs. I also checked the file /var/spool and see anacron
which has the sub directories. I would almost say this wiki needs some
updating and would assist once we get it working.

R7h0re4