[arch-general] Arch and Gnome 3problems

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Sun Oct 23 12:43:31 EDT 2011

Hi all on this list,
First, I really apologize if this is off list, but I had trouble registering on the forum's. But OK, now to my problem.
I used Gnome in the passed, v2.30 with no issues and I had to do a reinstall of my system and now I am running the latest Arch.
However, Gnome seems to be working fine, I think, but I am having problems when I try to use Orca, the screen reader for Gnome. I am visually impaired so I rely on speech and or braille.
Here is a short summery of what I did after the installation of Arch was complete
I added my user and added it to some of the groups, like audio,video,storage,optical, etc.
Then, I did:
pacman -S xorg-server xorg-xinit xorg-utils xorg-server-utils
pacman -S xf86-video-ati
pacman -S gnome gnome-extra
pacman -S xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-mouse
rc.d start dbus
pacman -R gnome-shell gnome-screensaver
/etc/rc.d/gdm start

Isn't this correct for getting Gnome up and running?
Many thanks for any help,
Christian