[arch-general] /usr is not mounted. This is not supported.

Dwight Schauer dschauer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:09:19 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> There are two ways to solve this: either merge your / and your /usr
> partitions, or make your initramfs mount /usr so init won't even know
> that /usr is separate.
>
> We are currently working on adding support for the second approach,
> but we are not there yet (I have some patches against mkinitcpio to
> add this, but they rely on a patch by Thomas against busybox that has
> not yet landed upstream).

Ok, so it is not as much of a problem as I initially thought it would be.

On new large media installs I'll try to not use /usr until this gets
resolved. On current installs they all seem to be working fine (I've
not noticed any lack of functionality) I'll just wait until the
mkinitcpio patches are completed and mkinitcpio is released with /usr
mount support.

Thanks,
Dwight Schauer