[arch-general] /usr is not mounted. This is not supported.

Dwight Schauer dschauer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:19:50 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Mounting /usr needs to go to the initramfs. It is possible to implement
> a mount handler for this. At this stage, the by-label symlinks exist
> already.

Would the /usr location be determined when the initramfs is created,
or would it determine the location at runtime via /etc/fstab? Just
wanted to make sure it is the latter.

By label? Is that assuming /usr location can be guessed by the label?
That would not work on a lot of setups. Even if a mountpoint in label
was used, that does not account for multiple disks attached, all with
Linux installs on them.

Or by by-label do you mean because /etc/fstab is being used, possibly
with a label in the entries (I use by-uuid entries) that the correct
one will be chosen?